Monday, June 4, 2012

MMGM - My Sister the Vampire

  
Marvelous Middle Grade Monday

Shannon Whitney Messenger decided it was time to give middle grade stories the attention they deserve, and "Marvelous Middle Grade Mondays" was born. 

Switched:
My Sister the Vampire Book 1
by Sienna Mercer
 
Goodreads Blurb:
This new, funny series for tween readers takes sibling relationships and twin hijinks to another level as it introduces Olivia, who meets her look-alike, Ivy. But there is one major difference--Ivy is a vampire. And shes not the only one in town who is.
I bought a copy of this book for my daughter, because I thought it looked like a cute story. SHE LOVED IT! She plowed through it in a day and begged me to buy her more of the series. To me, that's a winner. The last time she got this excited about a book was when she read Charmaine Clancy's Zombie Dog. Hmmm....
 
I read the book so that I'd know if it was MMGM-worthy. And it is. It's a light-hearted and fun story that will appeal most strongly to MG girl readers. I think some of the adult reviews on Goodreads are a bit harsh, considering the intended audience of the story. Sometimes grownups over-think things. This is a darling MG series and I recommend it!





** Others who can be counted on for MMGM: **

 Happy Monday!

16 comments:

Patti said...

Thanks for all of your great suggestions. I think my daughter would really like this one.

Anonymous said...

this looks terrific! and totally hilarious in a slightly spooky way. thanks for the hat tip!

Tales of Whimsy said...

OMG how fun. Sounds and looks super cute.

Julie Dao said...

This sounds adorable! I would have loved a book like this as a kid. I was terrified of vampires and this might have lightened them up for me somewhat :)

Laurisa White Reyes said...

My daughter would love this book!

Ms. Yingling said...

This series is very popular in my school,along with the Scholastic Poison Apple books. Scholastic is also coming out with a Rotten Apple series about...not joking... zombies!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like a fun book, especially if your daughter liked it. Thanks for sharing it.

Kristin Lenz said...

Sounds like a fun, light-hearted series for summer reading. Thanks for sharing!

Old Kitty said...

Yay!!! Sometimes adults are to be ignored! LOL! Your daughter loved it - that's all that matters! Take care
x

TL Conway said...

Sounds like a great read! I agree with some of the Goodreads comments on the MG books I've reviewed. I wonder sometimes if adult readers need to actively try and read with MG eyes? I know I have to at times!

Meredith said...

Aw, it sounds like such a cute one! Glad your daughter loved it. :)

Angela Ackerman said...

Ugh, it makes me sad sometimes to see how people tear down books, especially kids books! This one sounds like fun--thanks Shannon! Hope you're writing up a storm!

Angela

Jen said...

Hi Shannon!

One of my boss's granddaughters was telling me about this book. She said she really loved it! Glad to see it's getting some exposure!

Hope all is well,
Jen

Michael G-G said...

"Sometimes grown-ups overthink things." Too true. Sometimes they also forget what it was like being a kid.

Thanks for bringing ths fun-sounding series to my attention.

Anonymous said...

I do agree on this being mmgm worthy. Love the series an glad you and your daughter did too!

DMS said...

I have seen this series, but haven't read any of them. Thanks for the recommendation. Sounds cute and fun!
~Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...