Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bumped by Megan McCafferty


Bumped
by Megan McCafferty




Goodreads Blurb:
When a virus makes everyone over the age of eighteen infertile, would-be parents are forced to pay teen girls to conceive and give birth to their children, making teens the most prized members of society.

Sixteen-year-old identical twins Melody and Harmony were separated at birth and had never met until the day Harmony shows up on Melody’s doorstep. Until now, the twins have followed completely opposite paths. Melody has scored an enviable conception contract with a couple called the Jaydens. While they are searching for the perfect partner for Melody to bump with, she is fighting her attraction to her best friend Zen, who is way too short for the job.

Harmony has spent her whole life in religious Goodside, preparing to be a wife and mother. She believes her calling is to bring Melody back to Goodside and convince her that “pregging” for profit is a sin. But Harmony has secrets of her own that she is running from.

When Melody is finally matched with the world-famous, genetically flawless Jondoe, both girls’ lives are changed forever. A case of mistaken identity takes them on a journey neither could have ever imagined, one that makes Melody and Harmony realize they have so much more than just DNA in common.
 
Wow. This is not a book to be started unless you have the time to finish it. I read it in ONE day. There was no way I could sleep until I finished it--and then I still couldn't sleep because I couldn't get it out of my head! The ending is a cliff-hanger to rival ALL cliffhangers.

Megan, please hurry and write the next book. 
I MUST know what happens next!! 

** eBook from HarperCollins through netGalley. Thanks, HarperCollins!

11 comments:

Trisha said...

Sounds great! Must add it to my TBR list :)

Old Kitty said...

Wow - what a blurb!! Thanks for the info!! Happy Mother's Day!! Take care
x

Heather said...

That good huh?! I'll be sure to save it for a weekend then. Thanks for the great recommendation! Can't wait to read this one!

Angela Ackerman said...

You know, I saw the cover of this somewhere and wondered what it was about, and now all I can say is WOW I HAVE TO READ THIS!!!

Thanks Shannon!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Su said...

Oooh, sounds great! I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

Unknown said...

This was such a fantastic read!!! I'm with you on needing a day to read it!!!

Just stopped in to say hello!!

I now must get back to Vanish by Sophie Jordan! Review to come soon!!

storyqueen said...

I have heard a lot about this book. I am waaaaayyyyy eager to read it!

Shelley

P.S. Jondoe...hahahahaha!

Mary Mary said...

Sounds interesting and just a tad bit creepy, if I do say so myself!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love that it gripped you!

Anonymous said...

I heard about this book somewhere else recently, but can't remember where. It sounds great. Now I HAVE to add it to my TBR list!

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

This sounds a lot like Wither.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...