Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Brand New Award

Emily, from the Chronicles of Emily Cross, created a brand new award called The Silver Lining Award. Hot-off-the-presses, the blogs today will be among only the third round of recipients to receive this award. Isn't it beautiful?

I'm supposed to nominate five other uplifting blogs that find a silver lining even on those gray days. I love that idea. And I love that it's a new award, so I don't have to worry much about whether people already have it or not. I'm just going to stick to the "silver lining" rule!

Today, I pass the blog love to:

Stephanie @ Hatshepsut: The Writing of a novel - Stephanie's blog can bring sunshine to the darkest of days. Her personality and wit never fail to make me smile. She is someone we all wish lived closer to us, so we could make her our best friend! ;-)

Courtney @ Southern Princess - This girl is fun, fun, fun! Not only do I love her blog posts, but I also love reading her comments to others. You rock, Princess!

Sara @ The Babbling Flow of a Fledgling Scribbler - Another of my stops when I'm seeking a dose of fairy dust to help me find my "happy thoughts". She recently updated the look of her blog, so if you haven't been by there recently, go take a peek. It looks great, Sara!

Kasie @ Kasie West - If you doubt the sunshine to be found here, go read her post from yesterday about elbows! OMG, hilarious! Besides, her dimpled smile alone is a silver lining on a gray day. :)

L.T. Host @ Quest Published - Her Mad Libs and Random Factoid posts are just the thing on those gray days! Check them out.

There are soooo many others I could name, but I guarantee you won't be disappointed by the silver lining to be found in the five above. If you don't already follow them, you must! You must, I say!

30 comments:

Tabitha Bird said...

Congrats on the award! and thanks for the links to those blogs :)

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Aw, thanks so much! What a cool and fun new award :-)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats :) Can't wait to check out the new links!

BK Mattingly said...

Congrats to you and all the winners! Can't wait to check out the ones I'm not following yet!

Kelly H-Y said...

Ohhhh, what a lovely award! Congrats!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Thanks, guys - you'll love the links! :)

Sara - I think it's pretty, too.

Stephanie Thornton said...

What a fun award- thanks so much! And thank you for your wonderful comments, Shannon. Your blog is one I know will always make me smile. I wish you didn't have this award so I could give it to you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And I LOVE L.T.'s MadLibs. They're awesome!

Unknown said...

Oh that really is pretty and what a nice idea!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

What a fun award! Congrats!!! You've also chosen some terrific blogs to pass them on to. On that note, left a little something for you on my blog! Check it out! http://carol-in-print.blogspot.com/2009/12/have-blog-will-follow.html

Joshua McCune said...

I know Stephanie and LT well (excellent choices)... will have to check out the others.

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

AWWWW!!!! Shannon thank you!!! You are so sweet & I LOVE what this award stands for!!

I am honored. ;o)

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

awww what a sweet award! Congrats--you picked the best people to recieve it!!!

Kasie West said...

You rock my world, Shannon. :) Thanks. I'm out of town right now, so I'll have to post this after the holidays when I get back. You're awesome. And I can totally understand why someone gave this award to you to begin with.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award, good lady! And congrats to the folk you passed it on to!

This is one award that cranky me won't have to worry about receiving, but I'm glad there are positive people out there who can tip the blogospheric balance toward positivity. :)

Merry Christmas, and all that. Hope it's relaxing and rejuvenating for you!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Stephanie - You know you're my favorite Egyptian goddess! :)

Nisa - I think it's a great idea, too. Yay, Emily, for thinking of it!

Carolina - Thank you so much - You're such a sweetheart! Woo-hoo! :-)

Bane - I'm sure you'll like the others, too. They are uber fun.

Princess - Isn't it the sweetest? I love what it stands for, too. I think it's wonderful to be able to honor those who never fail to bring a smile on a rough day - like you! :)

Frankie - Thanks. There are so many good people out there, but these ladies rock!!

Kasie - Thanks, but you totally deserve it! I really did love your elbow post. I chuckle each time I think of it. ;-)

Simon - Oh, I don't know...you're sense of humor and sarcasm totally crack me up. Besides, if Shannon names her new Louis Vitton bag after you like I suggested, just think of all the smiles that will bring!! ha-ha

Stephanie Damore said...

Awesome, thanks for the links and new blogs to check out. Merry Christmas!

kah said...

Such a great award. Congrats!
Click for my holiday message!

Anissa said...

Have a wonderful Christmas, Shannon! And don't worry, I just ordered my cards too. oops.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Shannon, you're so sweet to shine the light on others like you do. That is one of your many gifts, along with your fine writing abilities. You are one of my year-end gifts for 2009. I'm so glad we've connected and I look forward to more in the coming year! Christmas blessings from ND to MT. :)

sanjeet said...

Congrats on the award! and thanks for the links to those blogs
Work from home India

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Steph - Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you too.

Karen - I thinks it's an awesome award, too.

Anissa - That makes me feel better! :)

Roxane - You always make my day. It's comments like that and your beautiful posts that help me feel like a better person. I consider you an end-of-year gift as well, and look forward to an even stronger friendship in 2010.

Sanjeet - Thank you, and you're welcome. :)

Natalie said...

What a lovely award! Congratulations to you and the recipients--those are all wonderful blogs!

Jody Hedlund said...

Thank you for the links! Have a happy holiday!

Amy Stary said...

Congrats on your award. Good picks on passing them on! Merry Christmas.

Frankie Diane Mallis said...

You definitely want to come by my blog today!

Diana Paz said...

This award is perfect for you :)

Alexia561 said...

Congratulations on your award!

Alexia561 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary E Campbell said...

Wow! so many awards. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

in which a girl reads said...

Congrats on the award :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...